PRODUCT UPDATE — AccuLock™ S Power Pin Cap Design Change
The design of all AccuLock S power pin caps will be updated to allow retention of AccuLock S liners with a set screw instead of a rubber washer. This running change impacts Bernard® BTB MIG guns. It takes place on March 17, 2022.
All BTB MIG guns configured with AccuLock S consumables ordered and/or built after March 17, 2022 will include the new set screw. The same can be said for orders placed for replacement AccuLock S power pin caps.
Additional changes include:
- Each size of AccuLock S power pin cap will have a visible gas sealing washer that is color matched to compatible liner shrink tube
- Wire size compatibility will change for two AccuLock S liners:
|Liner Part Number
|Former Wire Size Compatibility
|New Wire Size Compatibility
|5/64″ (2.0 mm) – 3/32″ (2.4 mm)
|5/64″ (2.0 mm)
|3/32″ (2.4 mm) – 7/64″ (2.8 mm)
|3/32″ (2.4 mm)
- A new Euro power pin option (a two-piece assembly comprised of power pin and pass-through gun connector) will be offered when configuring Bernard BTB MIG guns with AccuLock S Consumables.
New design advantages include easier power pin cap installation, improved liner retention and simpler identification of compatible parts.
- No change to how Bernard BTB MIG guns configured with AccuLock S consumables are ordered
- T-handle hex wrench included with every Bernard BTB MIG gun configured with AccuLock S consumables
- Extra set screw included with every Acculock S liner, can also be ordered separately
- No change to the way Miller® MDX™ gun liners are retained at this time