How To Install the TOUGH GUN TT3 Reamer Sprayer Valve Retrofit Kit (Part #TT3-500R)
- 9/16″ wrench
- 11/16″ wrench
- 5 mm Allen key
- 3 mm Allen key
- 2.5 mm Allen key
- Precision flat head screwdriver
- Wire strippers
- Disconnect power and air. Identify your anti-spatter source (bulk-feed or Tregaskiss supplied reservoir). Disconnect the source from the bracket mounted on the side of your TOUGH GUN® TT3 Reamer.
- Remove the MALE fitting from the bracket with a 9/16″ wrench.
- Remove 2x SHCS which retain the bracket with a 5 mm Allen key and pull the bracket away from the frame.
- Remove hose from push-to-connect fitting on back of bracket and pull sufficient hose out from Reamer frame to allow the hose to be routed through the new bracket. Plug the hose into the 90° fitting on the new valve.
- Ensure the insulating sleeves on the wires are tight against the solenoid body, and feed the wire leads through the same hole as the tubing. Bolt the new bracket onto the frame using the same 2x SHCS which held the old bracket in place – the tubing will support the valve while you do this.
- Bolt the valve assembly onto the bracket using the 2x small FHCS.
- Remove 2x SHCS which retain the terminal strip to the Reamer frame, and move the strip out of your way. Pull the remainder of the new leads through the frame and into a position where you can wire them into the terminal strip. IMPORTANT NOTE: This valve assembly needs to be wired with REVERSE POLARITY – the RED WIRE to the BLACK ‘O’ SLOT and the BLACK WIRE to the RED ‘O’ SLOT.
- Once both leads are wired in, re-install the terminal strip and re-connect your TOUGH GARD® Anti-Spatter Liquid source (reservoir or Multi-Feed).
- Reconnect power and air. Using the switches on the side of the Reamer, prime the sprayer system so that the fluid fills the line and is being blown out of the sprayer orifice. This may take a minute or so, depending on the length of your multi-feed line (if applicable). Replace covers and exit the cell.