Bernard TGX Easy As 1-2-3! MIG Gun Assembly Instructions
The following instructions apply to all Bernard® TGX® XS and XL gun models.
- Remove gun from box and extend to full length.
- Slide nozzle off of front end of gun.
- Thread retaining head off of front end of gun.
- Remove power pin from package and thread onto rear of gun using a 3/4″ (19 mm) wrench on the rear block and a 5/8″ (16 mm) or 3/4″ (19 mm) wrench on power pin. Torque to 18 ft-lbs.
- Install power pin / block insulator.
- Remove liner from package and extend to full length.
- Feed liner into the back of the gun using short strokes to avoid kinking.
- Twist liner counterclockwise if necessary, to ease insertion.
- Seat liner retainer to end of power pin and using a 10 mm wrench, turn retainer in a clockwise direction and tighten into power pin.
- Measure the proper liner stick-out at the front of the gun using the provided liner gauge.
- Before cutting, push liner into gun to compress liner, then cut the liner and remove any burrs that may obstruct wire feed.
- Thread the Tregaskiss® TOUGH LOCK® retaining head onto neck and securely tighten using a wrench.
- Remove the TOUGH LOCK contact tip from package and thread securely into retaining head.
- Slip nozzle fully onto head.