IMPORTANT: The following instructions pertain to unicable replacement on TOUGH GUN CA3 MIG Guns manufactured on or after April 8, 2015
NOTE: Unicable replacement can be done while the gun is mounted to the robot. There is no need to uninstall the gun before proceeding.
- Remove nozzle, retaining head and liner.
- FOR CLUTCH MODELS ONLY: Disconnect external clutch cable from the clutch connector housing.
- Loosen cable guide.
- FOR CLUTCH MODELS ONLY: Remove clutch connector housing and disconnect internal wiring (see Figure 2).
- Turn connector counterclockwise to “UNLOCK” position (indicated by an “UNLOCK” position icon on the sticker) and slide away from the front housing to expose the cable lock screw.
- Unlock power connection between the cable and the front housing using a 5 mm Allen wrench (see Figure 3).
- Release cable assembly by turning it a 1/4 turn counterclockwise (see Figure 4).
- Remove unicable.
- Remove connector from cable assembly. Connector should be kept for the replacement unicable.
- Remove power pin from unicable.
- Discard old unicable and liner. NOTE: You will need to install a new liner to avoid discrepancies between the new unicable length and the length of the liner.
- Reinstall the power pin onto the new unicable.
- Slide the connector that was removed from the old cable over the front housing of the new cable assembly.
- FOR CLUTCH MODELS ONLY: Connect internal clutch wiring and snap clutch connector housing into the connector.
- FOR CLUTCH MODELS ONLY: Thread cable guide into connector while holding the clutch connector housing in place. There is an undercut on the clutch connector housing that allows the cable guide to hold this housing in place when installed properly (see Figure 5).
- Slide cable assembly onto the connector stud (on the back of the connector) and turn a 1/4 turn clockwise. Fasten the 5 mm SHCS to lock the cable into place.
- Slide the connector into place, and turn a 1/4 turn clockwise to lock it into place.
- FOR CLUTCH MODELS ONLY: Reconnect external clutch cable.