How to Install QUICK LOAD Liners When Replacing Conventional Liners
1. Remove the protective cap from the new QUICK LOAD® Liner.
2. Install this liner from the back of the MIG gun with retainer attached (using the same procedure as installing a conventional liner). Future replacements will be done from the front. (Refer to How to Replace QUICK LOAD Liners).
3. IMPORTANT! Push liner back into neck and use the Liner Gauge provided to pinch and hold it in place. Use this Liner Guage to trim liner as follows:
- For 6-ft liner lengths and shorter: trim with a 1/2″ (13 mm) stick out (BLUE Liner Gauge provided).
- For liner lengths longer than 6 feet: trim with a 3/4″ (20 mm) stick out (Black Liner Gauge provided).
4. Feed wire through the QUICK LOAD Liner.
5. Reinstall the consumables.
IDENTIFYING GUNS EQUIPPED WITH QUICK LOAD LINERS:
If you ordered a QUICK LOAD Liner to fit an existing gun, “QUICK LOAD Liner Installed” is printed on the MIG gun tag and has been included to help operators identify guns that have QUICK LOAD Liner installed. Identification is recommended so operators know that future liner changes will be done from the front of the gun.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Liners trimmed too long or too short can cause serious wire feeding problems. Be sure to use your Liner Gauge as instructed to trim the liner to the correct stick out.
INS041 REV H 12/16