How To Install or Replace TOUGH LOCK Consumables
- Neck Insulator MUST be in place before welding to properly insulate the neck armor.
- Check all parts to ensure that connections are tight before welding.
- The heavy duty retaining head MUST be tightened with a 5/8 inch (16 mm) wrench to prevent the contact tip from overheating.
- DO NOT use pliers to remove or tighten the retaining head or scoring may result.
TOUGH LOCK® Consumables
Removal and Replacement
- Pull slip-on nozzles off with a twisting motion.
- When installing the nozzle, ensure that it is fully seated.
- Thread the contact tip into the retaining head.
- Torque to 30 in.-lbs. (3.5Nm).
- The Tregaskiss Tip Tool (part #450-18, for heavy duty tips) or a pair of weld pliers are the optimal tools for contact tip installation.
- Thread the retaining head onto the neck with a 5/8 inch (16 mm) wrench.
- Torque to 80 in.-lbs. (9Nm).
- DO NOT use pliers to remove or tighten the heavy duty retaining head or scoring may result.
- The neck insulator is pressed onto the neck by hand with the aluminum side towards the neck and the black insulation toward the nozzle.