- Remove the protective cap from the QUICK LOAD™ Liner.
- Install this liner from the back of the MIG gun with retainer attached (using the same procedure as installing a conventional liner). Future replacements will be done from the front.
- IMPORTANT: Push liner back into the MIG gun neck and use the liner guage provided to pinch and hold it in place. Use the liner guide to trim the liner as follows:
- For 6-ft liner lengths and shorter: Trim with a 1/2″ 913 mm) stick out) (BLUE liner gauge provided)
- For liner lengths longer than 6 feet: Trim with a 3/4″ (20 mm) stick out (BLACK liner gauge provided)
- Feed wire through the liner.
- Reinstall front-end consumables.
IDENTIFYING MIG GUNS WITH QUICK LOAD LINERS:
If you ordered a QUICK LOAD Liner to fit an existing gun, “QUICK LOAD™ Liner Installed” is printed on the Tregaskiss MIG Gun tag and has been included to help operators identify guns that have QUICK LOAD Liner installed. Identification is recommended so operators know that future liner changes will be from the front of the gun.
- Remove consumables (nozzle, contact tip and retaining head).
- Pull the existing QUICK LOAD Liner from the neck using pliers.
- Remove the protective cap from the new QUICK LOAD Liner.
- Insert the liner through the neck using the wire as a guide. Push the liner in using short strokes to prevent the wire from kinking.
- Once the liner stops feeding, give it an extra push to ensure it is inserted completely.
- IMPORTANT: Push the liner back into the gun and hold it in place. Using the Liner Gauge provided, trim the liner as follows:
- For 6-ft liner lengths and shorter: Trim with 1/2″ (13 mm) stick out (BLUE liner guage provided)
- For liner lengths longer than 6 feet: Trim with 3/4″ (20 mm) stick out (BLACK liner guage provided)
- Reinstall the consumables.
Liners trimmed too long or too short can cause serious wire feeding problems. Be sure to use your Liner Gauge as instructed to trim the liner to the correct stick out.
INS041 REV 09/11