How To Install a Low-Stress Robotic (LSR) Unicable in the TOUGH GUN ThruArm Series Robotic MIG Gun
- Ensure that the bolts clamping the feeder to the bracket on the robot are loosened.
- Insert the power pin on the rear of the Low-Stress Robotic (LSR) Unicable into the feeder.
- Slide the feeder toward the front of the robot. This will create a necessary curve in the cable to allow for proper operation. Reminder: The robot’s top axis must be at 180 degrees during installation.
- Secure the feeder and validate the robotic articulation of J5. Note: The feeder should be pressed forward far enough that the centerline of the unicable should bow at its highest point and not interfere with the robotic casting / TOUGH GUN™ ThruArm™ cover. (Refer to the diagram below. G2 product depicted.)
- Tighten feeder bracket bolts to manufacturer’s recommendations to ensure that feeder remains in the proper position when J5 articulation has been verified.
INS091 REV 12/12