To change a conventional liner on a TOUGH GUN® robotic MIG gun equipped with wire brake, follow the instructions below:
- Unthread and remove the liner from the back of the MIG gun.
- Insert the new liner from the back of the torch. The liner will bottom out on the Wire Brake.
- Measure the distance from the back of the power pin to the hex on the liner and take note of the measurement.
- Remove the liner and cut the length of your measurement off the front of the liner.
- Reinsert the liner and tighten with a 10-mm wrench.
- Remove the neck and pull out the jump liner (item #27).
- Reinsert a new jump liner into the neck and install the neck back onto the torch.
- Push back on the jump liner to make sure that it has seated properly against the Wire Brake and cut so that a 1/2 inch of the liner is sticking out of the neck.
|ITEM #5 PART NUMBER||ITEM #27 PART NUMBER||WIRE SIZE|
|WB-110||495-18-116||0.052″ – 1/16″|
- Reinstall and tighten the retaining head and contact tip, and slide on the nozzle.