FAQs | TOUGH LOCK Dual Taper Technology
Frequently Asked Questions About Dual Taper Technology on TOUGH LOCK Retaining Heads
- Are the TOUGH LOCK retaining heads backwards compatible with older MIG guns?
- Will TOUGH LOCK retaining heads with dual taper technology cost more?
- How can I tell the single taper retaining head from the dual taper design?
- Where can I find more information about TOUGH LOCK retaining heads with dual taper technology?
If your MIG gun is more than 5 years old, it may have the old style neck without the taper. This retaining head will not thread all the way down on this older style of neck. Tregaskiss® TOUGH GUN® robotic air-cooled MIG guns, Bernard® BTB and TGX® semi-automatic air-cooled MIG guns with the mating taper on the neck are compatible with this retaining head.
Refer to Figure 1 below that shows both styles of necks to verify which neck you have.
No. Pricing for the TOUGH LOCK retaining head with dual taper technology is exactly the same as their single taper version.
The dual taper retaining heads have several identifying features:
• Black o-ring (single taper TOUGH LOCK retaining heads have red or green o-rings);
• Double score mark around the circumference of the retaining head just above the clip; and
• Part number roll marking along the bottom edge of the retaining head.
Please visit the dual taper technology webpage for more information.